Yangon Heritage Trust is seeking a Digital Communications Assistant to oversee YHT’s social media engagement.
The purpose of the Digital Communications Assistant is to help deliver YHT’s communications strategy specifically using social media platforms. This involves taking on the day to day administration of YHT’s website and social media channels, mainly but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. A key element will be to assist in delivering high quality and responsive communications activities through visually appealing images, videos and infographics and short articles in a way that is engaging and easy to understand.
S/he will have the opportunity to join the dynamic team and be part of the effort to protect Yangon’s unique cultural and built heritage and to create Yangon as one of Asia’s most liveable cities. This position is full-time, and some schedule flexibility will be necessary, including working on some weekends and evenings.
• On a daily basis, update all YHT social media including the YHT website and Myanmar-language Facebook page, twitter, blogs and any other social media forums YHT develops;
• Maintain all channels, increasing functionality and ensuring all aspects are well designed and appropriate and meet the expectations of YHT stakeholders;
• Assist in producing press releases and maintain detailed, searchable records of all YHT media coverage;
• Assist in writing articles, commentary and related communications, PowerPoint presentations and other similar documents;
• Handle appropriate queries from internal and external contacts through email, telephone and social media;
• Liaise with graphic designers and other venders to develop and produce materials;
• Support YHT Team in maintain a collection of photos, graphics, icons, infographics, video clips to use in various digital content;
• Assist in YHT events which highlight YHT initiatives and which are well attended and promote a positive image of YHT and its work;
• Develop excellent working relationships with the whole team in order to support their objectives through digital communications;
• Other duties appropriate to the role as required by the Directors and Chairman.
• Relevant University or equivalent work experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• A sound working knowledge of local media
• Ability to prioritize, manage own workload and be proactive
• Interest in contributing to the creation of innovative and engaging content across social media platforms
• Initiative; able to work autonomously
• Excellent writing and communication skills in Burmese and good English language skills
• Flexibility for work in a dynamic and cross-cultural environment
• Basic knowledge of relevant software such as Adobe Creative Suite, filming and editing images
• Willing to be flexible regarding availability outside normal working hours and to participate in YHT events
23rd August, 2019
How to apply
Please forward your Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com. If you have any further questions, please call us on 01-240544.
Download this job ad here.
YHT welcomes volunteers or interns with relevant experience or qualifications who are interested in supporting the work of YHT.
All volunteers/interns must commit to a minimum of 3 months, be able to support themselves while at YHT and be willing to take on a range of different tasks. These may include historical research, photo archiving, cataloguing or helping out with events or exhibitions.
Interns must have the written support of their school or college, be able to commit to a minimum of 3 months and be studying in a discipline relevant to the work of YHT. This may include history, architecture, conservation engineering, cultural or heritage conservation, economics, archaeology or anthropology.
Interested interns and volunteers please complete the Volunteer/Intern application and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of a current curriculum vitae which includes the names and contact details of three referees.
YHT will assess all applications and advise applicants if they are selected for an interview.