6th Blue Plaque (Myanma Agricultural Development Bank)
August 10, 2016
The sixth commemorative Blue Plaque of Yangon was installed in the Myanmar Agricultural Development Bank on Pansodan road in Kyauktada township on June 17, 2015.
Built in 1930, this building originally served as the Yangon branch of Grindlay’s Bank and it was turned into National Museum in 1970. As the National Museum, the building once housed the Lion Throne of the Last King of Myanmar which was looted by the British and placed in Calcutta. Finally in 1996, the building returned to its banking status and became a branch office of the Myanmar Industrial Development Bank and the Myanmar Agricultural Development Bank.
Today the Myanmar Agricultural Development Bank under the Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation maintains its site on these premises.