Yangon Heritage Trust’s 16th commemorative Blue Plaque was unveiled on January 20, 2017 at Bogyoke Aung San Market which is located on Bogyoke Aung San Street (formerly Commissioner Road).
Since its opening in 1926, Bogyoke Market has been a place for Yangon residents to shop the latest fashion materials, art supplies, souvenirs and a place to hang out for leisure. Nowadays, it is not only an important marketplace for the city residents but also an attraction for international tourists.
During the Japanese occupation, the market was renamed as Yan Naing Market after one of the Thirty Comrades, Bo Yan Naing. After the Independence, the name of the market was changed to Bogyoke Aung San Market to commemorate the Independence hero, General Aung San.